Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe

This is the only stolen book in my collection and it was taken from a large set of Signet Classic paperbacks owned by my senior year English teacher. I had borrowed this book from his library in spring of 2002 wholly intending to return it when I finished, but graduation seems to have happened first. Considering that Mr. Razor had started out as the ‘cool’ teacher who later snubbed me personally (a long story involving concert tickets and last-minute cancellations), I’ve probably allowed myself to feel less guilty than I ought. The narrative of the book is strikingly appropriate since Defoe’s main character spends many years stranded on a desert island, away from his native England. Of course Crusoe eventually returns to civilized society a better man; however, I don’t see this book ever returning to Mr. Razor’s shelf.



Defoe, Daniel. Robinson Crusoe. New York: Signet Classic, 1961.

No comments:

Post a Comment